Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hello Maple Hill Wildcats! I've made it to New Orleans and one of the first things I saw was this caterpillar walking on the sidewalk.
Extra credit challenge: 
a) Use the diagram in my last post and name three observable features of this caterpillar. Be sure to use the correct scientific name for each part. 
b) The term setae is not on the diagram, but this caterpillar has lots. What are setae?
One of the things I learned about this caterpillar (which you can't tell by looking at it) is that it stings. It has been a bit of a problem here with some people having to go to the hospital if they get stung and are very sensitive to it. 
Tomorrow  we'll start our first day of field work from the research station. 

 

3 Comments:

At April 20, 2009 at 9:35 AM , Anonymous Donna Watson said...

Hi Mrs. Carreau,
I love the photos of the caterpillars, and I especially like the music you selected for the video clip. I hope that you are enjoying the field work. I am looking forward to learning more about caterpillars throughout the week.
All the best,
Mrs. Watson

 
At April 22, 2009 at 9:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am kind of confused about the extra credit. For the first part, you want us to just name three part on the caterpillar that we can see?
Thanks,
Katie Lauridsen

 
At April 23, 2009 at 7:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mrs. Carreau,
We all miss you at school. We all really want you at school. That test was really awesome and it was really exciting and Mrs. Wemette read everything to us. That substitute that was filling in for you was really good.
Your student Vicky Reinhart!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home